Clone and Backup of Hard disks

HDclone and scsi

Post by Bill A » Tue May 15, 2018 5:51 pm

I used HDclone 6 to copy my laptop 1 TB scsi drive to a 1 TB SATA HD. All went well until I put the cone in the laptop. When I went to boot I got:

No Bootable device --- Please insert boot disk and press any key.

Did this multiple times. I accepted all defaults and adjusted the hard drive at the end of the copy. What did I do wrong? I used Cloning Drive option.

Thanks,

Bill A
Bill A

Re: HDclone and scsi

Post by Adrian Decker » Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 am

Hello Bill,

For the diagnosis of the problem you observed I would like to ask you to provide us with a respective HDClone system log, which recorded the copying process in question. The system log can be stored via the Toolbox menu (wrench symbol).

For that I kindly ask you to clone the disk as before and store a system log after the copying process, when the result report has appeared. Though, please note, that from HDClone 6.2.x on the system log is automatically stored after a copy mode is closed or when HDClone is closed, if you started HDClone from a self booting USB drive and on Windows.

INFO: When you started HDClone on Windows, then you can find the system log, also on Windows, via the Toolbox menu (wrench symbol) under "Stored log files". And if you started HDClone from a self booting USB drive, then you can find the system log on this USB drive in the directory "/Symobi/Logs/" or the root/base directory.
(With a self booting CD an extra USB drive is necessary, for storing the log manually on it.)
Screenshots will be stored on the Windows Desktop or in the in the directory "/Symobi/Screenshots/" on the USB drive.

You can identify the right system log with the time stamp. For that it is best to sort the files by their modification date. In case of doubt just upload all system logs from the day in question. For uploading many files at once it is recommendable to copy all files in one folder and compress this folder into an archive file (e.g. ZIP, 7ZIP). Though, please note the maximum upload size of 16 MB here in the ticket system.

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker

Post by Bill A » Tue May 22, 2018 3:55 pm

HDclone Log.txt.zip
Here is the log from HDclone. Let me know what you find. Thanks, Bill A
(22.44 KiB) Downloaded 950 times
Here is the log from HDclone. Let me know what you find. Thanks, Bill A
Bill A

Post by Adrian Decker » Wed May 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Hello Bill,

The provided system log was stored directly after the start of HDClone and doesn't contain information about the copying process itself. Therefore I would like to ask you to clone your disk as before and store a system log after the copying process, when the result report has appeared.

Also, since the system log is publicly available via this forum I kindly ask you to open a support ticket and upload the new system log there instead:
https://www.miray-software.com/support/index.html

I apologize for not mentioning this in my first post.

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker