Clone and Backup of Hard disks

USB Boot and activation

Post by p0k3m0n » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 am

I buy 8 Pro Edition and create USB boot stick.

1) on Windows it activate HDClone once end never ask again
2) on USB stick EVERY time it ask about activation when I boot up system from USB stick.

About 2) - what is going on? I do not understand.
p0k3m0n

Re: USB Boot and activation

Post by Adrian Decker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Thank you for your order.

For using your HDClone self booting medium (USB drive or CD/DVD) on all PC systems, which are currently permanently activated, without the requirement of any further activation, it is necessary to proceed as following:
Permanently activate HDClone on all required PC systems first. Then download HDClone with your license key at https://www.nanoways.com/esd/ one more time and use this newly generated HDClone software package for creating a self booting medium. It will contain the hardware signature of all currently permanently activated PC systems.

At the following address is a short tutorial about how to create an HDClone 6 self booting USB drive (this also applies to HDClone 8): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtrszugEW4

Please also note, that with a purchased license you may also open a support ticket at the following address: https://www.miray-software.com/support/index.html

Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker

Post by p0k3m0n » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 am

I should full reinstall software, on only copy eg. ISO image into proper place?
p0k3m0n

Post by Adrian Decker » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:07 pm

After permanently activating HDClone on all required PC systems you need to (re-)create a self booting medium (USB drive or CD/DVD) with a newly generated/downloaded HDClone software package via the HDClone Boot setup. The usage of the Boot setup is shown in the short tutorial under the following address: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtrszugEW4

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker

Post by dusan.marko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Ok but I need use USB for copy mirror from one fully installed PC to many new PCs (not installed). Now what?
dusan.marko

Post by Alex » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:33 am

Two methods:

- get the hard disks from the target PCs, and insert them one by one on the master PC, and make a clone there
(or use a HDClone Enterprise Edition, if you can connect multiple target hard disks on the master PC, and make multiple disks in parallel)

- make an image of the original disk on say an external USB hard disk, then boot HDClone on each of the new PCs, connect the external USB hard disk and restore the image from the USB hard disk to the internal hard disk of the new PCs.
Alex
Site Admin

Post by dusan.marko » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:43 pm

yes I do second method but every time I boot usb ask me for activation :( need higher version? I have standard. Thanks.

Alex wrote:Two methods:

- get the hard disks from the target PCs, and insert them one by one on the master PC, and make a clone there
(or use a HDClone Enterprise Edition, if you can connect multiple target hard disks on the master PC, and make multiple disks in parallel)

- make an image of the original disk on say an external USB hard disk, then boot HDClone on each of the new PCs, connect the external USB hard disk and restore the image from the USB hard disk to the internal hard disk of the new PCs.
dusan.marko

Post by Alex » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:12 pm

If you have already activated, you can download the package again from www.nanoways.com

The new package from nanoways.com will have included all current valid activations and will not ask for it anymore.

It is something like this:
- Activation under Windows: activation key is stored in windows registry (and on our server)
- Activation in self-booting mode: activation key is stored on our server

After the activation
- start of program under Windows: activation is found either in the program itself or found in the windows registry
- start of program in self-booting mode: activation is found either in the program itself or found in one of the connected windows registries.
- if no activation is found, then one is asked from the user.

The self-booting version looks on all hard disks for a windows installation and searches the activation in the registry from these Windows installations.
Alex
Site Admin