Clone and Backup of Hard disks

RAID compatibility

Post by p0k3m0n » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:10 am

Is HDClone (in self-boot mode, Linux) compatibile with Adaptec RAID 3405?
p0k3m0n

Re: RAID compatibility

Post by Adrian Decker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am

Hello,

if your Adaptec RAID 3405 is supported by the Standard Linux Kernel (version 4.11.4) then it can be used with the self booting version of HDClone, when started in Linux mode (<L> key during 5 second count down).

For a more specific answer I would like to ask you to open a support ticket at https://www.miray-software.com/support/index.html and provide us with a respective set of HDClone system logs. For this start HDClone in Linux mode, open a copy mode and store a system log about one minute after all other disks (beside the RAID) are listed in the selection list. The system log can be stored via the HDClone Toolbox menu (wrench symbol).

Afterwards upload this system log and the Linux log in the support ticket. Please note, that every time you start HDClone in Linux mode there is an extra Linux log stored, with the appropriate file name suffix "Linux", instead of just "L32". Therefore it would be necessary to upload the respective Linux log as well.

When you started HDClone from a self booting USB drive, you can find the system logs on this USB drive in the directory "/Symobi/Logs/". You can identify the right system log with the time stamp. For that it is best to sort the files by their modification date. In case of doubt just upload all system logs from the day in question.

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker

Post by p0k3m0n » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:15 am

Adrian Decker wrote:Hello,

if your Adaptec RAID 3405 is supported by the Standard Linux Kernel (version 4.11.4) then it can be used with the self booting version of HDClone, when started in Linux mode (<L> key during 5 second count down).

For a more specific answer I would like to ask you to open a support ticket at https://www.miray-software.com/support/index.html and provide us with a respective set of HDClone system logs. For this start HDClone in Linux mode, open a copy mode and store a system log about one minute after all other disks (beside the RAID) are listed in the selection list. The system log can be stored via the HDClone Toolbox menu (wrench symbol).

Afterwards upload this system log and the Linux log in the support ticket. Please note, that every time you start HDClone in Linux mode there is an extra Linux log stored, with the appropriate file name suffix "Linux", instead of just "L32". Therefore it would be necessary to upload the respective Linux log as well.

When you started HDClone from a self booting USB drive, you can find the system logs on this USB drive in the directory "/Symobi/Logs/". You can identify the right system log with the time stamp. For that it is best to sort the files by their modification date. In case of doubt just upload all system logs from the day in question.

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker

Understand. Thank you.

One more question: Yours backup works as sector-by-sector or file-by-file?
p0k3m0n

Post by Adrian Decker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:26 pm

With the standard Backup and SmartImage mode you can create a file system based copy as image (file by file) and with the BitImage mode you can create a 1:1 copy as image, independent from the partitioning and the used file systems (sector by sector). You can find more information about the image types in the HDClone Inline help (F1) under the following path:
/Mode of Operation/File Images/

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker

Post by p0k3m0n » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:06 am

Adrian Decker wrote:With the standard Backup and SmartImage mode you can create a file system based copy as image (file by file) and with the BitImage mode you can create a 1:1 copy as image, independent from the partitioning and the used file systems (sector by sector). You can find more information about the image types in the HDClone Inline help (F1) under the following path:
/Mode of Operation/File Images/

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker

Thank You.
p0k3m0n

Post by p0k3m0n » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:59 am

One more question: if I buy Pro version, I can use live boot (Linux) on any workstation or only on that with licensed version HDClone. It is important, because I often clone disc HDD -> SDD on different systems.
p0k3m0n

Post by Adrian Decker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:34 pm

For using the HDClone Professional Edition on more than two PC systems (Workplace License) we offer a Volume License or the Professional Edition Portable.

A Volume License allows you to permanently install and use the product on multiple PCs, where the maximum number corresponds to the volume agreement (5, 10, 25, 50):
https://www.miray-software.com/products ... -panel-908

The Professional Edition Portable allows you to use HDClone on arbitrary systems. The software may be permanently installed on those systems, though only used with the delivered hardware token (USB key) connected:
https://www.miray-software.com/products ... -panel-908

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker

Post by p0k3m0n » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:02 pm

No, no. I ask about only live boot on eg. USB stick.
p0k3m0n

Post by Adrian Decker » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:26 pm

HDClone can either be started on Windows or from a self booting medium (USB drive or CD/DVD). The license determines on how many PC systems this self booting medium may be used.

If you intend to use this self booting medium (live system) on up to two PC systems, then the HDClone Professional Edition (Workplace License) is sufficient. Otherwise it would be necessary to use either a Volume License or the Professional Edition Portable (Technician License) as I mentioned in my previous post.

Should you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Last edited by Adrian Decker on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian Decker

Post by p0k3m0n » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Now I fully understand. Thank You again.
p0k3m0n