Clone and Backup of Hard disks

I lost my original windows boot after using hdclone.

Post by lavrado » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:36 am

Hello.
I was tryng to use your hd clone to clone a pen drive (backup reasons) with a windows inside the pen (win2usb).
What happen is that after using your app my pendrive cant start the boot of windows. it always start your app "miray symoby"
This problem is afecting my life as i have lots of personal data in that pen. My intention using your software (youtube videos) was to backup my data and i got the opposite, i cannot acess it anymore. The boot is now to your software and not my windows.
How can you help me? I cant lost all the data
lavrado

Re: I lost my original windows boot after using hdclone.

Post by Adrian Decker » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Hello lavrado,

maybe the following thread applies to your situation:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5613

Sincerly,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker

Post by lavrado » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Yes i tried. Not useful. As i started to have the problem i deleted all the folders from the pen that were associated with hdclone
the problem remain and i cannot boot into windows
lavrado

Post by Adrian Decker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello lavrado,

Of course we understand the frustration, which comes with such an experience. And we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with HDClone. However, we also kindly ask you to remain polite. Since your last post didn't meet the tone, which we expect in our forum and also didn't provide helpful information to determine the cause of the problem you observed on your system, it has been deleted.

According to your description you may have made your Windows USB drive bootable with HDClone/Symobi. Either by cloning an existing HDClone USB drive onto your Windows USB drive, or directly with the HDClone Boot setup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtrszugEW4).
In the first case it will be very unlikely or difficult to make the Windows on your USB drive bootable again. Also some of the data may be lost, depending on how much was overwritten.
In the second case your data is still complete. And making the Windows on your USB drive bootable may work with respective Windows tools, we can't give you a binding commitment though.
For repairing/restoring your MBR, Windows BCD and boot manager we kindly ask you to contact Microsoft or to use appropriate guides and tutorials on the internet.

Sincerly,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker