Clone and Backup of Hard disks

HD Clone 7 Professional Edition Portable

Post by Antech » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:47 pm

I have used HD Clone for a while working for other companies. I have always been impressed by its stability and speed.

You can imagine my disappointment however when, having started my own business and purchased the HD Clone 7 Professional Edition Portable licence that it would seem to be anything than portable. On each PC it asks for activation - something that never occurred on the previous version with the other company. Reading between the lines I assume this is because I don't have the 'USB Bootstick' yet - which I assume will be sent to me by post BUT all I really want is a tool I can run as a standalone from a memory stick - no other 'stick' involved. If I have to carry around another usb device for activation, I will probably regret my purchase and look for another tool.
Antech

Re: HD Clone 7 Professional Edition Portable

Post by ericunterberg » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Hello,
the license info box clearly says a token is needed, as well as the license info PDF.

As a field technician, I understand your concern, I was'nt happy either, but I can also understand that miray has to protect it's property from illegal copies.

For emergencys' you have a limited amount of offline activations (works great with a QR code and a smartphone.

best regards
Eric
ericunterberg

Re: HD Clone 7 Professional Edition Portable

Post by Adrian Decker » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello Antech,

Regarding the (to be) delivered Miray USB token I also would like you to note, that the USB token itself can be used like any other USB drive. As long as the USB token isn't internally physically damaged you can use it to activate HDClone on arbitrary PC systems.

And with the HDClone Boot setup you can make the USB token bootable in order to start HDClone from it (independent from Windows). At the following address is a short tutorial about how to create an HDClone 6 self booting USB drive (this also applies to HDClone 7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtrszugEW4

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker